The Association’s Executive understand the deep level of concern and anxiety the Coronavirus pandemic is causing to all of us. The well-being of our members—and the community—is paramount. For this reason, we have reluctantly decided to postpone the Members’ seminar which was to be held on Saturday 28 March. We trust you will understand this decision.
We are monitoring the advice of the Australian health authorities and will resume the seminars when it is deemed safe to do so.
In the meantime, we encourage everyone to practice good hygiene including:
- washing your hands regularly for 20 to 30 seconds
- if soap and water is not available, using a hand sanitiser with at least 60% alcohol. (Hand sanitiser is a convenient choice and can help you avoid getting sick and spreading germs to others. Hand sanitiser does not replace washing your hands after using the bathroom.)
- always using soap and water if your hands are visibly soiled
- avoiding touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- covering your mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing with a tissue or coughing into your elbow
- disposing used tissues into a bin immediately and washing your hands afterwards.
As you will appreciate, our JP work entails interacting in close proximity with clients and handling their documents, pens, etc. If you are providing JP services during these uncertain times, we strongly encourage you to be particularly vigilant in adopting good hygiene practices such as:
- sanitising hands, pens, and work surfaces between clients and
- washing your hands with soap and water regularly.